This is a talk I gave summarizing what I consider to be the best practices for driving growth (often called “Growth Hacking”) based on my own experience leading growth in Gmail and on examples from hyper-growth companies like Facebook, AirBnB, and Instagram.
Some of the things I touch on:
- Finding a North Star and/or One Metric that Matters (OMTM)
- Building a metrics tree and finding your key levers
- Building a growth model
- 3 types of growth patterns— Hockey-stick, Step-function, trajectory change
- What’s the right time to start working on growth and why it’s dangerous to do it earlier
- The 3 (actually 4) growth engines that will get you to exponential growth
- Pirate metrics
- Growth tactics —Notifications, Onboarding
If you’d like to receive posts like these by email sign up to my newsletter.